Happy Thanksgiving!
If I had to list the four things I am most thankful for right now, they would have to be...
1) Jesus is my Saviour -- when I realize what a difference in my life that alone makes, it is very humbling.
2) I'm married to Rick -- He is such a loving and unselfish husband. I love him like crazy! My admiration for his consistent generosity, kindness, and love for the Lord has grown more and more. I'm finding that people like to talk through things with Rick, because they know he will not just listen, but will also have wise things to say, and ways to help them. God has gifted him with a special patience & understanding, and I am blessed daily by this.
3) I have amazing parents & siblings -- Those I grew up with, as well as my in-laws. They each mean so much to me as individuals. Since there are quite a few, I'll be more specific some other time. :)
4) God's provision-- There are many, many ways that God has provided for me specifically in this year. Sometimes I prayed and had God answer those prayers. Other times I simply had a desire, and though I sadly admit, I didn't think to pray for the desire, yet God still provided something special just for me. Maybe I'll write more on that later too. It's quite amazing. And through all the biggest changes of my life this year, God has just shown me His incredible love and care every step of the way, through His many small and large gifts in my life.
Psalm 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving , and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name
Psalm 97:12
Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Psalm 106:1
Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
1 comment:
Okay, just to show you how wonderful my DAUGHTERS and DAUGHTER-in-LAW are -- as I read this, I thought I was reading a post by Bethany McDonnell...I had brought up both of your family's blogs...
What sweet sentiments, Elizabeth. I really enjoyed reading your Thanksgiving post. Love you, Hon.
(and I could picture Bethany saying the same things about her Rick, and her family, so I guess that's why I read the whole thing and then realized it was YOU who was writing.) :-)
Post a Comment