Psalm 34:3

"O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together." Psalm 34:3

Monday, March 21, 2011

{Chicago} ~Friends~ {Shopping}

Last week we went on a mission to find fabric for the bridesmaid dresses. Nikki & I are undertaking the sewing for the wedding.  Test dress comes first, then six of the real thing.  I would never have tried to do this on my own-- but having such a competent friend as Nikki (and knowing we have Mrs Arnold, in case of emergencies :)  I feel quite confident that they will turn out splendidly.

The fabric stores in Chicago were incredible!  We saw so many varieties, patterns and colors of fabric.  It was a bit difficult to stay focused on our "mission" at times. 


After seeing a gorgeous dress in this shade of green-blue in a bridal magazine, we hunted specifically for it, and found just what we were wanting.

 We had such a great time, as we always do together!  Nikki is the kind of friend that is rarely found.  I'm very blessed to have such a true and wonderful friend!

 Mrs Arnold was invaluable as she answered many questions related to wedding planning and helped us to find the best deals in the stores.  Thank you, Mrs Arnold!!

5 comments:

Hartley Family Blog said...

That is a really pretty color! Have fun making the dresses :)

Lauren

Stephanie Byers said...

Oh that's what the color looks like! :) It's NOT sage.

*~Virginia~* said...

WOW!!!! It looks beautiful! And the fabric store looks amazing!!! The closest thing I can find to it is a Joann Fabric...haha.

Anonymous said...

The fabric is beautiful and all the girls will look stunning.
Mom T.

Stepheny Weaver said...

What a pretty color! What an excellent thing, of you making the dresses yourself...!

looks like your having fun!

Stepheny